Chuck Parsons started playing music when he was in his teens back in the '60's, under the patient guidance of his father, a professional performing musician.
After honing his skills on electric and acoustic guitars, Chuck toured coast-to-coast and overseas, recorded in studios, performed in clubs, restaurants, churches,
private events, festivals and fairs, outdoor concerts, bumped elbows with a number of major artists, and has taught countless students.
He continues to perform today for an extraordinary range of audiences. Below is a brief overview of current and past musical adventures.
Experience and Past Clients
Chuck has been performing at assisted living and memory care facilities since 2007, and provides memory/sensory stimulation through sing-along music. He is truly an interactive performer! Client list:
- Masonic Home
- Spring Arbor - Salisbury/Richmond
- Gayton Terrace
- Our Lady of Hope
- Covenant Woods
- Chestnut Grove
- Brandermill Woods
- St. Mary's Woods
- Crump Manor
- Meadow Glen
- The Hermitage
- A-Grace Adult Care
- Heritage Green
Chuck has performed with and led many musical groups since 1971. Here are a few career highlights:
- Teenie Chenault Show - 1971-85
- Workin' Man's Band - 1985-present
- Mediterranean Music Tour - Fall 1988
- Chuck Parsons Trio - 1985 - present
- Various bands at American Legion - 2011-15
Chuck has been a guitar instructor at several music instrument retailers in Central Virginia.
He also continues to teach at a local high school. A brief overview:
- Lee Davis High School; paraprofessional Instructional Assistant SPED - 2002-present
- Jacob's Music Center - 1998-2002
- Southern Music Center - 1996-98
- Music and Arts Center - 1992-96
- Hanover Music - 1985-92
Chuck has supported the music programs at several churches in Central Virginia.
- Faith Gospel Temple - 1995-2006; music director, church musician and assoc. pastor
- Salem Baptist Church - 1994-95; music director
- Deep Run Baptist Church - 1993-94; asst. choir director
Chuck has been a solo performer (guitar and vocals) at holiday events, restaurants, diners, nursing homes, church socials, and corporate picnics, funerals, memorials and near-death hospice.
© 2015 Chuck Parsons - All Rights Reserved. Web Development by Larry Comstock.